EDSON 10 YEAR PRODUCT WARRANTY - NSW
( COMMENCED JANUARY 2003 )
We Warrant for Ten
years from the date of original purchase, the EDSON
Domestic Water Heater ( Model MP
)to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. The obligation of the manufacturer under this Warranty is limited to repairing or exchanging (at our option) any part of the said water heater which proves thus defective within the specified period and which our examination shall disclose to our satisfaction to be thus defective. Warranty details are outlined below.
- Electrical components of the heater are likewise warranted except that the period shall be for one year.
- Labour is covered for one year.
- The above Warranties shall not apply to such water heater or part thereof which in our opinion has been subject to any accident, alteration or any thermostat having fixed temperature setting in excess of 70°C, abuse or misuse or has suffered any damage by flood, fire or act of God, or if any repairs have been made or attempted to be made by any person or persons not approved by us. The warranties shall not extend to any loss suffered by or resulting from, the non-operation of the water heater or part thereof.
- We will not incur any obligation or liability whatsoever under the Warranties for any damage or harm which may arise directly or indirectly as a result of the water heater being installed by others than a registered qualified plumber or being connected to a water or power supply not in accordance with the regulations of the relevant electric, water and health authorities.
- The following items 1 - 4 are specifically excluded from the normal terms of Warranty.
- Damage as the result of transportation, removal, or storage.
- Damage due to connection to incorrect water supply, incorrect installation, incorrect pressure limiting valve (500Kpa PLV required, MP 9 350Kpa) or faulty valves.
- Damage or faulty operation due to foreign matter in the water supply.
- Damage or faulty operation due to the corrosive elements in the water supply on components with a copper content.
Notwithstanding anything contained herein, the electric water heater shall continue to be subject to any implied Warranty provided by the Trade Practices Act 1974 (as amended) if and to the extent that the said Act is applicable and prevents the exclusion, restriction or modification of that Warranty.
- For any service needed to be carried out in the eighth year after the purchase, the same Warranty will apply save that the original Purchaser will be charged 40% of such repair work and/or the cost of replacement parts.
- For any service needed to be carried out in the ninth year after the purchase, the same Warranty will apply save that the original Purchaser will be charged 60% of such repair work and/or the cost of replacement parts.
- For any service needed to be carried out in the tenth year after the purchase, the same Warranty will apply save that the original Purchaser will be charged 80% of such repair work and or the cost of replacement parts.
This free service will apply only in the Metropolitan Areas. In other areas within the Commonwealth of Australia we will provide the same free service during that period provided the water heater or part is forwarded, carriage paid both ways at owner's risk, to our nearest service agent.
Service Costs by others are not covered by the Warranty and are at the user's expense. In the event of any claim being made under the Warranty, it is the original purchaser's responsibility to provide evidence of purchase and date of purchase.
A nominal service charge may be made should the appliance be found to be in normal working condition and the problem located elsewhere.